The purpose of teaching LDS Primary 6 Lesson 24: Gideon is to learn the value of trusting the Lord.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- Try out this cool trusting God object lesson from Flame Creative Children's Ministry.
- Use the scripture posters and the application activities found in the Red Headed Hostess Class Packet.
- Make torches as you act out some of the scripture stories! Try these Medieval Torches from Menu Ideas for Busy Moms.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"I Want to Live the Gospel"- Children's Songbook pg. 148
"Keep the Commandments"- Children's Songbook pg. 146
"I Feel My Savior's Love"- Children's Songbook pg. 74
"Go Forth with Faith"- Hymn #263
"How Firm a Foundation"- Hymn #85
"Lead, Kindly Light"- Hymn #97
"Master, the Tempest is Raging"- Hymn #105
"The Lord is My Light"- Hymn #89
Psalms 118:8- Trust in the Lord, not men
Proverbs 3:5- Trust in the Lord with all thine heart
Psalms 112:7- Not fear evil because trust in the Lord
Job 13:15- I will trust the Lord
2 Nephi 4:34- I will trust in the Lord forever
Mosiah 7:19- Rejoice and put your trust in God
D&C 11:12- Put your trust in the spirit that leads to do good
Alma 36:3, 27- Trust in the Lord and be supported through trials
Mosiah 23:22- Those who trust in God will be lifted up at the last day
My Primary 6 Lesson 24 handouts include
- Word posters to go with the Enrichment Activity.
- Places I Can Stand drawing activity to go with the Enrichment Activity as well.
Gideon Puzzle- Fill in the blanks with scripture clues
Trust in the Lord- Word search with scripture clues
Trust in the Lord- Many people in the scriptures have had to trust the Lord. Learn about a few others and do the dot-to-dot
We Do Not Doubt- Trusting in the Lord got the Stripling Warriors through- do this dot-to-dot.
Trust in the Lord- A story from Sister Dalton (former Young Women's General President) about how she learned to trust in the Lord.