This post contains affiliate links. See the full disclosure.
As the year rolls to an end, make your life easier with these Primary resources for 2017. You can discover the full Sharing Time outline for 2017 on LDS.org. The following are additional resources to help you decorate your rooms, stay organized, plan birthday gifts, and more. Some of the resources are free, others have a fee. They are all beautiful and worth your time.
2017 Primary Presidency Planner Printables
Keep your Presidency organized with these Planner Printables. You can often use the covers in your bulletin board decorations as well.
- Latter Day Chatter has 3 different styles of Presidency Planners depending on your preference. They all include a two page layout for each month, notes, expense report, and more. You can also get each style in black and white instead.
- This Primary Theme Bundle from One Willis Family includes binder covers, spine inserts, door signs, assignment wristbands, yearly and monthly posters, cd cover, bookmarks, and bulletin board decorations.
- Time Savors has a Primary Presidency 2017 Planner that includes a conducting sheet, budget, teacher interview questionnaire, we missed you cards, and lots more. Get one for your chorister too.
- Looking for something simple? Periwinkle has a 2017 Primary Theme Year at a Glance Calendar that you can easily insert into any binder or folder.
- Use these free binder covers in English, Spanish, or Portuguese from Little LDS Ideas.
- Teepee Girl also has great 2017 binder covers plus a class door list.
- Okay, this one isn't a planner but how much fun would it be to deck your Primary Presidency out in these Choose the Right shirts (plus really easy for everyone to find you) for the first week when there are a lot of new children coming in or during Primary activities.
Use the yearly posters for bulletin board decor or inside your binders. Hang the monthly ones in front of the year- it helps when you forget what it is too!
- AMP It Up Designs has an Ultimate Bundle making your life easier. It includes the monthly posters as well as things to use for birthdays, assignments, the bulletin board, and Articles of Faith posters. You can buy these items individually as well.
- Monthly Posters are included in Courtney Aitken's Primary Theme Bargain Bundle as well as class signs, door hangers, bulletin board printables, and more. You can buy them individually but you'll save with the bundle.
- Sugardoodle also has a discounted bundle full of great items like door hangers, posters, and a birthday kit. You can buy them separately as well.
- Print free yearly themed posters from Par-tay Like a Cherry.
Small Themed Gifts for Birthdays or Baptisms
One of the most often questions I see is about gifts for the Primary. Here is a list of gifts that go with the Primary theme. Consider making the gifts from all of Primary instead of simply the Presidency- you can even ask for help in assembling them- grab some refreshments, put on a favorite LDS movie, and make it a bonding time for your Primary leaders. I know I'd come!
- Choose the Right labels for water bottles although you could wrap these labels around a lot more with a little creativity. Use them at a Primary event or give them out as a teacher appreciation gift.
- Give cupcakes out with these CTR toppers. Also comes in orange and green.
- Use this CTR cookie cutter to make all kinds of goodies for your Primary from cookies to clay ornaments at Christmas. There is also this 3 pack of shields if you want various sizes.
- These CTR pencil toppers make an quick and easy gift. Add the red and blue scripture marking pencil for a perfect match.
- CTR bracelets are kid friendly and a fun gift.
- Make bottle cap necklaces with these CTR images.
- Candy Wrappers for All Year not only allow you to give gifts to your Primary but also to those that make Primary great. Give out the Choose the Right wrappers for a baptism, Thankful for You to your teachers, and more.
- CTR gum packs- Depending on the type of gum you buy you can either personalize your wrapper at LDS Craft Supply or "Chews" the right with Divine Designs.
- These CTR iron-on vinyls are great for baptism gifts. Iron it on to a pillow case, towel, or even a shirt.
- Make bags full of candy with these CTR circles on the bottoms to give out at birthdays (for the teachers and children). I suggest buying nut-free as well as check what other allergies exist in your ward. If it's a parent nut allergy, not the child's, you may still need to be careful.
- Multi-language Bookmarks- Great quote from Elder L. Tom Perry on the back.
Bulletin Board Decor
Most of the resources I found for Bulletin Board decorations were included in a bundle pack or simple the yearly posters. If I find new ideas later, I'll include them for you here otherwise, see the links in the above categories.
Article of Faith Posters
You always seem to need Article of Faith posters. A lot of LDS lesson include a tie back to them, children have to memorize them in the Faith in God program, and sometimes they are even used as the monthly scripture.
- Print my free Article of Faith posters now and always have them ready for whenever you need them. You can print these as 8x10 or as 4x6.
- Articles of Faith children resources- LDS.org's list of stories, activities, and media to help learn and share the Articles of Faith.
- Articles of Faith- Primary Symbols- Includes a coloring image for each Article of Faith. Use the graphics to create your own posters and challenges.
- Article of Faiths Posters- LDS.org has simple images of all the Articles of Faith. I couldn't find one central page so this links to the first one. You can then search the media library from there to find the rest.
- Articles of Faith Made Easy- Help keep track of which ones your Primary needs to memorize still and give them the helps them need. When they pass off all of them, consider turning them in for a Bishop Buck (at the very bottom of the post).
- Color your way to memorizing all 13 Articles of Faith. Heidi created some beautiful Articles of Faith coloring pages for those who learn in this creative way.
Choose the Right Coloring Pages and Activities
Use CTR activities for Primary events, ward activities in 2017, inserts in the ward bulletin, or after the Primary Program.
Click My image above to print
- Print out the above free coloring pages and poster to introduce a theme or supplement your Sharing Times.
- Introduce the theme by turning your Primary into Choose the Right Superhero. Dress everyone in their superhero costume, arm them with shields (and a fun treat) then send them home with a cute handout.
- There are several more CTR coloring pages and activity sheets in my Color Like a Chicken: A LDS themed Coloring Book.
- LDS Lane has a detailed CTR shield coloring page that would be great for the older ages.
- I love these CTR paper rings that come together at the shield. It'd be a fun way to introduce the topic.
- Discover all the CTR stories, media, and activities available on LDS.org in their topic list.
- Play CTR Bingo to motivate your Primary to be reverent or bring their scriptures each week.
I have several lesson helps available on this site to help you and your teachers in 2017. I'll be going through to update the ones I completed a few years ago but they are available now if you need to get a head start.
Be sure to check out the rest of the Teaching Tips available on this blog as well so you can direct your teachers towards the helpful posts they need.
Emergency Lessons Based on Theme
Always keep an emergency lesson kit around. Start building your kit with these 10 Emergency Lesson Ideas then add a few yearly themed ideas for great back ups any time.
- Dare to Choose the Right- Lesson packet with journal pages and a game. You can keep the game ready to go in a file folder or laminated then copy the journal pages every time you need a sub.
- Hatch Patch has a lesson packet with 2 stories, scripture page, 2 game boards, and more. Keep it in your class for those last minute lessons.
- LDS Pictionary or LDS Shout Out!- After the answers are guessed, spend time talking about them and what we can learn from them.
- The following lesson helps in the Primary 2 manual (2016) allow you to make your own emergency lesson bundles that are different from the manual you'll be using in 2017. This way you can avoid a lot of repeats. Each lesson has a list of videos, music activities, and free handouts.
- For the older classes, try Church History Pictionary & Charades or study Doctrine and Covenants Scripture Mastery with these cards.
Your Turn- What resources will you be using this year? What else are you looking for?