With Easter on the horizon our thoughts are turned towards the Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice for us. Because our Savior was willing to sacrifice and endure, we have the opportunity to be resurrected ourselves. At Easter we don't only celebrate Christ's Resurrection, we celebrate all that that means for us now- all the blessings and hope that comes as a result.
With those blessings is the opportunity to be with our families forever. "No sorrow will last forever"- what an amazing promise. This Easter celebrate the bonds in your family. Take the #MyForeverFamily challenge to grow closer to your family now, your family past, and your future family. Starting Saturday, February 27 through Easter, there is a suggested activity for you to do and we're going to help you accomplish it. 14 LDS bloggers have teamed together to provide amazing ideas, resources, and tips to help you meet the challenge and celebrate this Easter with your whole family. Also be sure to head over to Mormon.org to get their amazing resources to celebrate this Easter. One of the things we're both asking you to do is to take a photo of yourself with a photo of a relative you're looking forward to seeing again. Use the hashtags #Hallelujah and #MyForeverFamily when you share it.
Will you accept the #MyForeverFamily Challenge?
Start by sharing the challenge with your friends and family. You can copy the image below to share on social media. Then start scrolling the resources already waiting for you below.
Meet the Bloggers Ready to Help You
Each blogger will be sharing ideas, tips, and resources with you until Easter. Stay up to date with the latest posts by searching using the hashtag #MyForeverFamily or coming back to this page each week to find what each blogger has been sharing. Posts will be added as they are published. Questions? Leave them in the comments and we'll answer.
- Turn Family History into a Favorite Family Activity
- One Easy Way to Dive into Family History
- A Simple Start to Your Family History
- The Miracles of Jesus- An Easter Scripture Study
- Color Your Own Easter Advent
- How to Get Started on Your Family Tree
- How to Make the Most of Your Family Photos
- How to Make Journaling Work for You
- Family History Family Fun Packet
- 20 Scriptures about the Appearances of the Resurrected Christ
- Discovering Family History at the Dinner Table
- 7 Fabulous Family History Games
- 8 Eggcellent Ways to Share the Story of Easter
- How to Include Family History into Every FHE
- Resurrection Plant
- Teaching Children about Resurrection
- "Of the Fish and Honeycomb... He Did Truly Eat"
- How to Host a Christian Passover Meal
- Stone Could Not Hold Him
- Resurrection Rolls
- Families Are Forever Memory Game
- A Priceless Heritage of Hope
- Learning about the Conversion Story of Roger A. Osborne
- Have Kids Write about a Family Member
- The Pedigree of Your Spirit
- Temples and Forever Families Craft
- Salt Dough Tombs You Can Make: How the Resurrection Makes Us a Forever Family
- The Promise of the Resurrection
- How Well Do You Know Your Siblings Game
- Family Home Evening on "The Promise of Hearts Turning"
- Family Home Evening on Hastening the Work
- Prepare a Pedigree Chart
- Prepare a Pedigree Chart Week 2
- Family Guess Who Game
- Family History Work Connects Me to My Ancestors
- Family Home Evening Easter Kickoff
- Easter Family Home Evening
- Egg Hunt on the Atonement and Resurrection
- How to Catch the Spark of Family History Work and Keep the Flame Going
- 2 Great Easter Egg Hunts for Youth and Family
- DNA, Ancestry, and Who You Are
- Find Names on Your Family Tree with Puzzilla
- Where Did You Ancestors Live
- Writing to and for Our Children
- Tell Me a Story
- Keeping a Journal
- Living Your Love Story
- Fun Ways to Display Old Family Photos
- Using Dolls to Share Family History Stories
- 3 Gardens and the First Easter FHE Lesson