The purpose of Primary 3 Lesson 6: Jesus Christ's Church Has Been Restored is to understand that the true Church of Jesus Christ has been restored.
- The Red Headed Hostess has 30 pages full of teaching suggestions and activities for this lesson or save time and money with her combo packet.
- The Cups lesson is always a great way to teach about the need for the restoration. I prefer this version of it though both work great.
- Use this puzzle of Joseph Smith to review last week's lesson and focus on the restoration this week (from Sugardoodle).
- Add some fun with Restoration Headbandz from Little LDS Ideas (it's free) and the images are already church approved.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"The Priesthood is Restored"- Children's Songbook pg. 89
"Joseph Smith's First Prayer"- Hymn #26
"The Sacred Grove"- Children's Songbook pg. 87
"An Angel Came to Joseph Smith"- Children's Songbook pg. 86
"On a Golden Springtime"- Children's Songbook pg. 88
"The Golden Plates"- Children's Songbook pg. 86
"An Angel Came to Joseph Smith"- Children's SOngbook pg. 86
"This is My Beloved Son"- Children's Songbook pg. 76
The Restoration (about 20 minutes)- The First Vision
A Seer Will I Raise Up (about 5 minutes)- Joseph Smith is prepared to bring about the restoration
The Apostasy and the Restoration- What the Restoration Means for Me (about 5 minutes)- Youth share how the Restoration affects their daily lives
A Search for Truth (about 16 minutes)- Wilford Woodruff's search for a true church explains why there was a need for the Restoration
Restoration of the Priesthood (about 2 minutes)- Members share how they have been blessed by the priesthood
Restoration of the Aaronic Priesthood (about 1 minute)- Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery receive the Priesthood
My Primary 3 Lesson 6 Handout Packet includes
- A matching game- Use it as a way to generate further discussion. For younger classes, when a match is made briefly talk about it's significance to the Restoration. Most of the matches will have a past and present type of drawing. For older classes, have a child answer a question first then try to get a match. When they get one, have them try to relate back to the lesson (help is always allowed).
If you like these helps, please pin this so others may find it too.
Jesus Christ Restored His Church in the Latter Days- Treasure chest to fill with blessings that the gospel brings
Joseph Smith- Prophet of the Restoration- Make a shoe box scene of the First Vision
Joseph Smith Finger Scenes- Finger puppets to tell the story
The Life of Joseph Smith- Map out the events in Joseph Smith's life
Partial Pictures- Figure out the scenes of these partial pictures with these scriptures
Jesus Christ Restored the Fulness of the Gospel through Joseph Smith- Make a spin wheel of the First Vision
Joseph Smith's First Vision- Color pictures to go with the story and make a movable character and scene
The First Vision- (older classes) Quiz with scriptures to find the answers
This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!- Put together this church with scenes from the first vision