The purpose of Primary 3 Lesson 7: Faith in Jesus Christ is to understand that developing faith in Jesus Christ is the first principle of the gospel.
- Save a few minutes for your class to share their testimonies if they choose.
- Plant a faith seed in your class- either in small plastic cups or in a plastic bag with a moist towel. Bring it back in for a couple of weeks and discuss how it grew, what it took to make it grow, and how our testimonies are grow every week too.
- The Red Headed Hostess has more ideas and fun in her lesson packet as well.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise noted.
"The Sustaining Power of Faith in Times of Uncertainty and Testing" by Elder Richard G. Scott
"Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ" by Elder Kevin W. Pearson (Quorum of the Seventy)
"I Feel My Savior's Love"- Children's Songbook pg. 74
"Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 96
"God's Love"- Children's Songbook pg. 97
"I Know My Father Lives"- Children's Songbook pg. 5
"I Pray in Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 14
"Nephi's Courage"- Children's Songbook pg. 120
"The Fourth Article of Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 124
"The First Article of Faith"- Children's Songbook pg.
My Primary 3 Lesson 7 handout packet includes
- I Will Strengthen My Faith handout- If you have an older class, challenge them to a 5 week faith strengthening program. Each week ask them to focus on one thing they can do to strengthen their faith. At the beginning of class, hand back out the sheet and if they did it, they can write down what it was and make the plant grow. If they miss a week, encourage them to really focus this week. It's a great way to continue to reinforce the lesson.
- Drawing boxes to go along with the stories in the manual and Enrichment Activity #3
Bible People with Great Faith (older classes)- Faith crossword
Faith is Like a Seed- Finger play
Faith Helps Us Choose the Right- Door hanger
Faith in Jesus Christ- Booklet
I'll Follow Him in Faith- Faith in Christ mobile
Plant a Seed- Poster
(Lots of coloring pages this week! Try these other 10 ways to use them)