The purpose of teaching Primary 5 Lesson 21: Joseph Smith Is Tarred and Feathered is to help everyone develop a forgiving attitude.
- Hang a Ribbon on the Moon has a great free handout about Forgiveness
- Use this balloon idea to help demonstrate letting go and forgiving.
- Try the fun intro activity included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
- Love Pray Teach also has handout packets that coordinate with each lesson. Use coupon code chicken05 for an extra 5% off.
The following links are to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
Forgive 70 Times 7 (about 3 1/2 minutes)- A Bible video of Christ explaining how we should forgive others.
Forgiveness: My Burden Was Made Light (about 8 1/2 minutes)- A man learns to forgive after his family is killed in a car accident.
Required to Forgive (about 8 minutes)- W.W. Phelps tells how Joseph Smith forgave him. Start at minute 4.
My Primary 5 Lesson 21 Handout Packet includes
- Proverbs 15:1 label- Attach it to a soda bottle to demonstrate this scripture with a cool object lesson. Attach two soda bottles together with a vortex connector. Then swirl it around to create a tornado effect (stir up to anger). Allow things to calm down again. Which way do you actually want to attempt pouring the soda? The same is with us- we respond much better to things that are calm. Send a connector home with your class to demonstrate this principle to their families.
If you enjoy these resources, please pin it so others may find it too. Thanks!
Cease From Anger- Take this quiz to see how forgiving you are. You could look up the scriptures to go with it and use it as a scripture chase game or a discussion starter.
Family Fun Time: Forgiveness- A list of forgiveness tips you can use to either build a paper house as they suggest, or you can use these tips to create a memory game or any other game of choice.
I Forgive You- A matching game matching pictures of shoes with situations that require forgiveness.
You Can Repent and Forgive- A list of ways that can help you forgive others when they do something to hurt you.