The purpose of teaching Primary 5 Lesson 22: The Latter-day Revelations Are Published is to gain a testimony of the importance of the Doctrine and Covenants as well as continuing revelation through the living prophet.
- Continue studying the sections of the D&C with this free section title chart.
- The Red Headed Hostess class packet includes a fun trivia activity.
- There are also these great free D&C posters.
- Pray Love Teach also has a class packet that includes a group board activity. Use coupon code chicken05 for an extra 5% off.
The following links are to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
My Primary 5 Lesson 22 Handout Packet includes
- Scripture Matching Activity- Match the definition of each scripture to the title. Cut out the covers with extra paper on the edge so you can glue it over the book like a cover. Then fold the paper into fourths so you can continue doing Enrichment Activity 1.
- Matching cards to go with Enrichment Activity 3.
Doctrine and Covenants ABCs- A game where children find answers that begin with each letter of the alphabet in the D&C based on clues.
Doctrine and Covenants Scripture Pictures- Fill in the blanks of scriptures from the D&C using picture clues.
Doctrine and Covenants Scripture-Story Grab Bag- A game where children choose a picture and tell a story from the Doctrine and Covenants that relates to the picture.
Places in Early Church History- A crossword puzzle and map of places in early church history.
The Prophet Speaks for Heavenly Father- Make a mobile to remind you of what the prophets have taught us.
Truth Revealed- A scrambled word puzzle about prophets and revelation
Prophet Portraits- Illustrated pictures of all the modern-day prophets with descriptions about them.
The Book of Commandments- Illustrated scripture figures to help you tell the story of Mary Elizabeth and Caroline Rollins who saved pages of the Doctrine and Covenants.