The purpose of teaching Primary 6 Lesson 7: Enoch and a Zion People is to desire to become pure in heart like Enoch.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- Bring in some blocks to build the city of Enoch as your class answers questions.
- Remember you can print all the Article of Faith posters for free here. Cut them into puzzles as you work on memorizing them. (Pssttt....this helps to pass off Faith in God requirements too).
- Check out the Scripture Activity included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise mentioned.
"Blessed Are All the Pure in Heart" by Elder L. Whitney Clayton
"Clean Hands and a Pure Heart" by Elder David A. Bednar
"Becoming the Pure in Heart" by President Spencer W. Kimball
Deseret Bookshelf PLUS Recommendations
Remember, as a Deseret Bookshelf PLUS member, you can access these eBooks or audio books anytime. Try it free for 30 days.
"Pure in Heart" by President Dallin H. Oaks
"Beautiful Zion, Built Above"- Sung by a family choir, about 4 1/2 minutes long
"Let Zion in Her Beauty Rise"- Sung by a BYU-Idaho choir, about 4 minutes long
"Arise, O Glorious Zion"- Sung by a YM/YW choir, about 4 minutes
"Enoch" (about 3 minutes)- Illustrated scripture story.
"Follow the Prophet"- Especially verse 2. Children's Songbook pg. 110
"Had I Been a Child"- Children's Songbook pg. 80
"Dearest Children, God is Near You"- Hymn #96
"O Saints of Zion"- Hymn #39
"We Will Sing of Zion"- Hymn #47
"As Zion's Youth of Latter Day"- Hymn #256
"Sweet is the Peace the Gospel Brings"- Hymn #14
Deuteronomy 6:5- Love God with all your heart
1 Samuel 16:7-The Lord looks at the heart
Psalms 24:3-5-Clean hands and pure heart
Luke 6:45- A good heart brings forth good treasure
Moses 7:69- Zion was taken up
Hebrews 11:5- Enoch was translated
D&C 97:21- Zion is the pure in heart
1 Nephi 13:37- Blessed are they who seek Zion
Moses 7:18-19- Enoch builds Zion
My Primary 6 Lesson 7 handouts include
- City of Enoch grid- Cut apart and give one piece to each child in your class to draw that section of the picture on a larger piece of paper. Then have everyone connect their pieces on the board to see what it looks like all together to represent working as one.
- City of Enoch picture- Cut apart to use as a puzzle. As each child says one thing that will help them come closer to Zion (as mentioned in the Enrichment Activities), they can put one piece of the puzzle on the board.
If you like these helps, please pin it so others can find it too!
City of Enoch-Discover why the City of Enoch was so righteous with this fun puzzle.
The City of Enoch-Put this craft together to show how the city of Enoch gets taken up during the lesson.
Scriptural Giants: Enoch- Brief summary of who Enoch was and what he did.
Enoch Builds Zion- Use as a coloring board or for flannel board figures.
Follow the Prophet- Pictures to use to retell the story of Enoch
Being Like a Missionary- How we can have faith like Enoch to be a missionary now even though we have weaknesses.
Article of Faith 10- An activity to do with the 10th Article of Faith
Tenth Article of Faith-Word search
Gathering to Zion- Activity with map and cut outs.