Primary 6 Lesson 29: David and Jonathan- The purpose of this lesson is to understand how to be a true friend.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- Get to know your class as well by passing out my free classroom surveys.
- Try this Get-to-Know-You activity that emphasis variety.
- Use the scripture cards and posters to help tell the scripture story. They are included in the Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"True Friends" by President Henry B. Eyring
"What Greater Goodness Can We Know: Christlike Friends" by Sister Kathleen H. Hughes
A True Friend: Tanya and Lada- About 3 minutes that talks about true friendship and how its not always easy
Dayton's Legs- This one always gets to me. About a boy who is a true friend to someone that isn't the same as everyone else. About 3 mintues
Assigned a Friend?- About 1 minute, a dramatization of the request to feed His sheep
Allison- Wanting to include her all of her friends, she finds a way to include them in her baptism. About 1 1/2 minutes
True Friend- President Henry B. Eyring express of the importance of true friendship in this 30 second clip
"I'm Trying to Be like Jesus"- Children's Songbook pg. 78
"We Are Different"- Children's Songbook pg. 263
"Friends Are Fun"- Children's Songbook pg. 262
"Here We Are Together"- Children's Songbook pg. 261
"Jesus is Our Loving Friend"- Children's Songbook pg. 58
"Jesus Said Love Everyone"- Children's Songbook pg. 61
My Primary 6 Lesson 29 handouts include
- Get-to-Know-You Game sheet to go with the Enrichment Activity. Everyone gets a few pieces of candy. They then much tell about themselves according to the color. There are two sheets- one that matches the colors inside a bag of M&Ms and one that matches Skittles. You can do this in smaller groups or as a class. You don't have to use candy either- try colored toothpicks or pieces of paper instead.
- Article of Faith 13 Friendship sheet to help you discover what it teaches about friendship as mentioned in the Enrichment Activities.
I Choose to Fill My Life- Board game
Friendship Butter- This would be fun to make in class with the activity then eat it on bread at the end of class!
Finding a Friend- Seek and Find
Friendship Challenge- Do or talk about the activities then color in the picture to discover the hidden message
Are You a Good Communicator?- Take the quiz
Making a New Friend- Find the hidden objects
What Kind of Friend are You?- Take the quiz
Friends- From the For Strength of Youth- includes videos, articles, and scriptures to use. Just reading this though is a great idea.
Who are the Savior's Lambs?- Coloring blocks of ways to be a good friend
Ways to Be a Good Friend- (Scroll down- its the loose leaf paper) List of ways to be a good friend
Feeling Shy- (after the story) Ways to overcome shyness
Friendship Messages- Decipher the messages
Rx for Friendship- Mormonad
Test of Friendship- Take the quiz- also good tips on how to be friends with someone of the opposite sex
Make a Friend- Make a Friendship wallet to remember what it takes to be a good friend
Idea List: Be a Pal- List of ideas to be a good friend