The purpose in teaching LDS Primary 6 Lesson 30: King David and Bathsheba is to encourage the keeping of pure thoughts and actions
These are a few bonus thoughts- keep scrolling for more!
- Make a yarn maze in your classroom! Have your class untangle their way out of it.
- Here's a fun idea with soap to focus on creating clean hearts (from Creative Sunday School Crafts).
- Use the intro activity, On or Off the Roof?, included in the Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
King David- Illustrated Scripture Story about
To Look Upon- About 4 minutes long with Elder Dallin H. Oaks relating the story of King David to us today
Chastity: What are the Limits- I like this video that talks about why the question "What are the Limits" the wrong one to ask. About 4 minutes
Sexual Purity and Modesty- True Confidence (about 4 minutes)- Words from Young Women
We Believe in Being Chaste- Words from We Believe in Being Chaste (about 1 minute)
I Choose to Be Pure- Six young people of various faith share why they choose to be pure.
"I Am Glad for Many Things"- Children's Songbook pg. 151
"Keep the Commandments"- Children's Songbook pg. 146
"Dare to Do Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 158
"Hum Your Favorite Hymn"- Children's Songbook pg. 152
"I Want to Live the Gospel"- Children's Songbook pg. 148
"The Thirteenth Article of Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 132
Genesis 39:12- Joseph flees from Potiphar's wife
Exodus 20:17- No coveting
Mosiah 4:30- Watch your thoughts
Alma 41:10- Wickedness never was happiness
D&C 14:7-Endure to the end
D&C 88:86- Entangle not in sin
D&C 121:45-46- Let virtue garnish your thoughts
Article of Faith 13- We seek after the good things
Philippians 4:8- Think on virtuous things
My LDS Primary 6 Lesson 30 handouts includes
- What are you growing worksheet?- Goes with the Enrichment activity about how we plant in our minds the words we say and things we do.
- Seed packet- Use it with the seed theme. You can put candies inside and have each person say one way they can keep their thoughts pure for each seed or write down ideas on slips of paper to put inside the envelope.
Sexual Purity- This is from the For Strength of Youth. I like the Mormonads on this page. There are also good articles if you want to go that direction.
King David- Illustrated Scripture Story
Worthy Music, Worth Thoughts- Talk from President Boyd K. Packer about how to keep clean thoughts and what to do when bad ones come
Clean Thoughts- Make this badge to remember what thoughts we seek after
The Sign of Virtue- Good idea for a class activity- making a flag with commitments
Article of Faith 13- Fill in the blanks in these life examples
Lift Your Thoughts- Mormonad
Mental Floss- Mormonad