The purpose of teaching LDS Primary 6 Lesson 31: The Wisdom of King Solomon is to strengthen our desire to be more like Jesus Christ by developing wisdom and an understanding heart.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- To discuss more about spiritual gifts, use my free scripture tree and gifts handout found in my Primary 5 Lesson 19 handouts.
- Make a paper crown. Have each child take turns with the crown as they rule on a pretend situation and try to be wise.
- Tie in the story of the wise man who built his house on a rock. You can even make this booklet or turn it into a mini scroll box.
- Dive into the wise sayings of Solomon in the application activities included in the Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated
"O Be Wise" by President M. Russell Ballard
"Appreciating the Counsel of Those Who Are Bowed in Years" by Elder Stephen B. Oveson
"Learning the Lessons of the Past" by President M. Russell Ballard
Proverbs 4:7- With all your getting, get understanding
Ecclesiastes 9:16- Wisdom is better than strength
Joseph Smith- History 1:13- He needed wisdom from God
James 1:5-6- If lack wisdom, ask God with fatih
D&C 109:7- Seek for wisdom
Alma 29:8- The Lord counsels in wisdom
1 Kings 4:29-30- The Lord gives Solomon the gift of wisdom
Luke 2:40, 52- Jesus grew up in wisdom and stature
Mosiah 2:17- I tell you these things so that you may learn wisdom
D&C 89:19- Blessing from keeping the Word of Wisdom is wisdom
D&C 136:32- Humble self to receive wisdom
1 Corinthians 8:1- Knowledge puffs up but charity edifies
My Primary 6 Lesson 31 handouts include
- Proverbs quotes and references. Play a matching game or put them in a bag as mentioned in the Enrichment Activities.
- Wisdom, Knowledge, and Understanding Heart matches- Match these to understand the definitions or put them on the board and group the Proverbs under each one.
If you like these resources, please pin it so others can find it too!
Unfortunately, there isn't much for Solomon.
Temples- A Sign of the True Church- build a replica of Solomon's temple
Temples in All Times- Make this temple mobile
The Lord Commands His People to Build Temples- Guess who I am game with different prophets and temples including Solomon. Could make into a booklet too.
Word Wise- See if you know enough to figure out these words.
As Wise As an Owl- See if you can complete the terms