A new year, a new theme for LDS Primaries around the world. Are you ready to take on 2018? I've made a few free printables for you to enjoy as well as gathered the best resources from other talented resources to make it easy for you to find something that is right for your primary.
String together a banner highlighting Adam and Eve, family, and children. It would look great across a whiteboard or bulletin board. Do you have a child that is severely sick or homebound? String the banner up in their room to bring some cheer. I chose leaves for the background to represent an ever growing family tree.
The posters below are a great reminder that all of us are children of God and we should treat each other as such. Put one up in your Primary room or give them to your teachers at the beginning of the year.
Need to celebrate a birthday or baptism? My candy wrappers and bag toppers will help you get the job done. Put some goodies in a sandwich sized Ziploc bag then attach a bag topper and you are set to go! Want to pass out a treat to emphasize the theme? Wrap a bag of popcorn in one of the matching designs.
Need even more? I've searched for planners, kits, and other ideas and compiled the best here. Many are free, others cost a little. Remember to scroll all the way to the bottom to prepare yourself for emergency lessons too!
- Sagewood Avenue- Includes free main theme poster, binder covers, bookmarks, welcome cards, missed you cards, and Sharing Time outlines. She also has assignments cards, monthly posters, etc for an additional fee. Find some in Spanish too.
- One Willis Family- Free packet including binder covers, billboard decorations, bookmarks, cd covers, and more.
- The Red Headed Hostess- She always has great items and when you buy the bundle package, you will get a free Sharing Time kit too! Hers includes birthday gift ideas, stickers, labels, and SO much more! Psssttt...this is by far my favorite one- I even wrote a whole post about extra ways you can use their packet.
- Itty Bitty Pixel- A mega pack of greatness. I like the children cut outs.
- AMP It Up Designs- Another great bundle that includes bulletin decorations, posters, and more.
Monthly and Yearly Posters and Decorations
- Tami Ray Cards Prints- She has several different smaller packets depending on what you need. Check out her posters, classroom signs, and more.
- Love Pray Teach- Free posters and bookmarks in English and Spanish.
- My Computer Is My Canvas- This is a free Bulletin Board Kit. The mirrors are a nice touch.
- Wozy Works- A kit with posters as well as a banner. She has other packs as well.
- TeePee Girl- Free "I Am a Child of God" poster
- Susan Fitch Illustration and Design- Free "I Am a Child of God" poster, bookmarks, and door sign.
2018 Primary Presidency Planner Printables
- The Red Headed Hostess- Another great bundle from her. Includes Thank You gift ideas, budget trackers, and even an editable planner.
- My Computer Is My Canvas- Another great freebie from Colette. Includes door signs and assignment cards too. She also has a Music Leader one available.
- Time Savors- This is an editable planner but they also have others including one for the Chorister.
- Latter-day Chatter- 3 different Presidency Planner styles including one to color yourself.
Small Themed Gift Ideas for Birthdays and Baptisms
- I loved this popcorn idea from Sweet Melly Jane for a birthday present.
- Slap bracelets are always a hit with children... just wait until the end to give them out. This store also has wristbands instead as well as zipper pulls and bookmarks.
- This small print would make a great gift as well. You can easily write a message on the back.
- An adjustable I Am a Child of God ring would be really neat too.
- You can take these cupcake toppers and use them for the Baptism preview as well as a gift on the day. Instead of using a cupcake you could make a candy lei with the circles in between each piece.
Junior Primary will be using the Primary 2 manual. I already have a ton of free helps for teachers available. Most of the links are back to LDS.org resources so you don't have to worry. If you think it is appropriate, you could approve my free handouts as well and direct your teachers to this great resource (and our private Facebook group specifically for LDS Primary teachers).
Senior Primary is moving on to the Primary 6 manual. There are resources available for this manual as well, however, I will be updating all the handouts as we go along.
Emergency Lessons Based on Theme
There are a couple of lessons that are specifically about being a child of God in the primary manuals. Print extra copies of some of the activities so you always have a lesson on hand to give to a last minute sub. Keep them in file folders so you can grab and go. See all the resources under the following lessons:
If you like this post, please pin it so others can find LDS Primary resources too!