The purpose of teaching LDS Primary 2 Lesson 23: Jesus Christ is the Good Shepherd is to remember that every person is important to Jesus Christ.
These are a few bonus ideas- keep scrolling for more!
- Use the sheep that come with this Good Shepherd file folder game to hide around the room instead. You could send this game home with each child in your class.
- Make your own sheep out of each child's hand. Trace their hands on black construction paper then color cotton balls all over the top. The fingers are the legs and the thumb is the head!
- There is a fun toilet paper roll craft and pen from Catholic Icing that you could use as well.
- Have fun acting out the story with the fun props included in the Red Headed Hostess class packet!
The following are links to LDS.org unless otherwise stated.
"He Will Place You on His Shoulders and Carry You Home" by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"To the Rescue: We Can Do It" by Elder Mervyn B. Arnold
The First Parable: The Lost Sheep- Illustrated Scripture Story about 1 minute
Shepherd- A 30 second video explaining shepherds
The Good Shepherd- An excerpt from President Ezra Taft Benson explaining the duties of shepherds versus hireling about 2 minutes long.
The Good Shepherd- (better for older classes) Elder M. Russell Ballard (Quorum of the 12 Apostles) teachings about the parable of the Good Shepherd with some seminary students. About 5 minutes.
Good Shepherd- Elder John R. Lasater (former member of the First Quorum of the 70) shares a story about a shepherd he watched in Morocco about 3 minutes long.
The Good Shepherd- Illustrated scripture story about 1 minute long.
Jesus Declares the Parable of the Lost Sheep- Bible video about 2 minutes long
The Good Shepherd and Other Sheep I Have- Bible video about 3 minutes
My Primary 2 Lesson 23 handout packet includes
- Sheep cut outs
- Sheep background scene (you can have the children find their sheep and place it on this scene)
- The Good Shepherd coloring page
- 4 different Miss you cards- have everyone sign them and dress them up for extra fun
If you enjoy these helps, please pin them so others can find them too!
Good Shepherd Game- A couple of different games to play with sheep cards.
Lost Sheep- Color in the sheep to find a secret message
The Good Shepherd- (better for older classes) Decode the message
I'll Follow Him in Faith- Poster of Jesus holding a Lamb
The Good Shepherd- Scripture figures to go with the parable of the Good Shepherd
The Good Shepherd- Illustrated Scripture Story that you could make into a booklet