Remember, the purpose of teaching Primary 2 Lesson 28: I Can Be Kind is to encourage kindness.
These are a few bonus thoughts- keep scrolling for more!
- Use these Good Samaritan cut-outs to tell the story- you could even send some home with your class so they can tell the story to their families.
- Print the free cards from my Ideas to Serve post to make during class. Then encourage your class to pass them out to someone that could use a smile.
- Color the world with kindness with a fun game included in the Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org unless otherwise stated.
"Jesus Said Love Everyone"- Children's Songbook pg. 61
"Kindness Begins with Me"- Children's Songbook pg. 145
"A Special Gift is Kindness"- Children's Songbook pg. 145
"I'll Walk with You"- Children's Songbook pg. 140
"Jesus Loved the Little Children"- Children's Songbook pg. 59
My Primary 2 Lesson 28 handout packet includes
- Good Samaritan coloring page
- Kindness Begins with Me wristbands (bring tape to put them on)
- Kindness Thinking Cap- add strips to the sides to wear.
If you like these lesson helps, please pin it so others can find it too!
I Can Follow Jesus Christ's Example- Follow the path that Jesus gave us- includes the Good Samaritan story.
Good Samaritan Figures- Color and cut out to tell the story or make your own scene
Be a Sunbeam for Jesus- Sunbeam cut out and ideas of what to do with it to show kindness
In the Giving Spirit- Spots acts of kindness in this picture
Be Ye Kind- Bright Idea poster
Stop It!- Based on President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's (Second Counselor in the First Presidency) talk. Includes a quiz to take to see how loving you are. You can also cut out the stop sign.
Stop Bullying Now- Article about what bullying is, what to do if someone bullies you, and how to help others who are being bullied.
Being a Friend- (scroll down) Circle the children you could help
Kind, Like Jesus- A poster showing ways to be kind- could cut out and make into a booklet
Kind Word Puzzle- (older classes) Crossword Puzzle
Being Kind, Like Jesus- Color the paper dolls and talk about ways you can to show our kindness to these different types of people