February serves as a great reminder to express the love you feel all year round to your family, friends, and more! Show your love this year by accepting the Love One Another Service Challenge!
It just so happens that Love One Another is 14 letters and Valentine's Day is on the 14th of February! Your challenge, if you choose to accept it, is to do one act of service for every letter. You can do one a day, a few on the weekends, or spend all of Valentine's Day during service. Find a way to express your love for others through service!
I made this beautiful Love One Another banner to help you keep track of the service you do. String the letters (or tape it on) but keep the hearts to add on later. After you do an act of service, add a heart to the banner! Even more fun- add the act of service you did on the back of the heart. Then on Valentine's Day read them all off and talk about how you felt doing them all.
If you have my Fill Your Christmas with Christ-like Service packet, pull it out and find 14 ways you want to serve this season. Need new ideas? Try one of these:
- Go on a family walk and pick up trash you see along the way.
- Make a new friend and invite them over to dinner or for a play date.
- Drop off thank you cards and a treat at the police or fire station.
- Walk a little faster and open the door for someone.
- Bring in the neighbor's trash cans.
- Hug your brother or sister.
- Shovel the neighbor's driveway (leave one of these notes behind).
- Visit the lonely or send them a card.
- Put out some birdseed for hungry animals.
- Draw a picture for the mail carrier.
- Call your parents or grandparents.
- Write encouraging messages in chalk on the sidewalk.
- Collect donations for the needy.
- Feed the hungry in one of these five ways.
- Express your gratitude to someone important in your life. Use these free printables to help.
- Give a compliment to a friend or family member- literally with these compliment cards.
- Make your spouse the center of your service with this countdown idea from The Dating Divas.