Remember as you teach Primary 2 Lesson 3: I Am a Child of God, your purpose is to help each child realize that he is God's child and God loves him.
- God is the Father of My Spirit is a Sugardoodle Lesson Kit that includes activities and printables that will go with this lesson.
- Make your class' day by handing out these Child of God tic tacs.
- For older classes, cut out this free Child of God banner but don't put it together. Mix it up and see if your class can solve the puzzle to introduce the lesson.
- Check out the fun I Am a Child of God Primary Game included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Because God Loves Me"- Children's Songbook pg. 234
"I am Like a Star"- Children's Songbook pg. 163
"Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam"- Children's Songbook pg. 60
"We'll Bring the World His Truth"- Children's Songbook pg. 172 (Army of Helaman)
My Primary 2 Lesson 3 handout packet includes
- Child of God coloring page
- Psalms 82:6 poster to use during your lesson, as a puzzle if you cut it up, or another coloring page. (See more ideas for using coloring pages)
- Worksheet to go with Enrichment Activity 3- they can draw pictures or write in each box
If you like these helps, please take a second to pin it too. Thank you!
Join other Primary teachers in discussing this lesson and more in our NEW Private Primary Facebook group.
You are not invisible- Bright Idea poster
A Child of God- Finish the faces (a boy and a girl)
Heavenly Father Loves Me- Scroll down and cut these snowflakes out before class then decorate them in class
Know Who You Are- Make stick puppets with these faces and do some fun small skits or sayings as each child holds one
I am a Child of God- Frame with pictures to cut out and glue around it. I like the concept but think it would be annoying to cut out all the pictures- stickers would be great though!
We Are All Children of God- Find the matching pictures and talk about even though we are all different, we are all still children of God
I am a Child of God- This is supposed to be a yearly advent but it would be fun to do just like a puzzle- read the scriptures with it or pull things from the lesson to put it together.
I am a Child of God- A box to put together- I'd skip the scripture part for this age but I'm sure you could have fun with the box still- roll it like a dice and talk about each scene.